James E. Caldwell worked for a short period of time on Maiden Lane, in New York City, before opening a small watchmaker's shop on Fifth and Chestnut Street in Philadelphia, sometime in the early 1830s. In 1848, the firm took on its current name, J. E. Caldwell and Company. In 1953, under the direction of Austïon Homer, who had become president of Caldwell's the previous year, the company began a branch store expansion, opening their second location in the Hotel Dupont in Wilmington, Delaware. Caldwell & Co. was purchased by Henry Birks & Sons, a Montreal-based jeweller and in August 1992, was acquired by Carlyle & Co., a family owned jewellery concern in Greensboro, North Carolina.
mind boggling pins
Antique vintage pins and brooches. Famous designers in gold and platinum with diamonds.